The perfect blend of ricotta and goat cheeses stuffed into something you never expected: a seminole pumpkin flower! Try this summertime treat and let us know how it tastes!
- After the female flowers develop small fruits, pick the male blossoms in the morning while still open.
- Wash gently inside and out under cool water. Soaking in a big bowl of water may damage the delicate blossoms if kept wet for too long. Use that method with caution.
- Remove the stems and stamen before stuffing.
- Use same day for best results.
- Store in rolled up lint-free cloth in frig.
Alternate Filling for 8 Blossoms:
1/2 cup cheese crumbled or finely chopped (feta, jalapeno jack or blue cheese works wonderfully)
3/4 cup chopped fresh spinach
1 tsp red pepper flakes to taste
1 tbsp minced fresh or dried onion
2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
Experiment with filling options! Try different herb combinations, cubed pancetta (Italian bacon), whole basil leaves, caramelized onion – the possibilities seem endless!
What would you use for filling? It would be great to get your ideas in the comments.