You're here because the thought of changing the world motivates you! Us too! Join ECHO and be part of a team working together to reduce hunger and improve lives. That's real people providing for their own nutritional needs in abundance like never before. Your skills can make that happen! Read on:
Community Relations Coordinator
This position will assist the Development Team by promoting the mission of ECHO to generate and sustain financial support through various types of groups, including churches, clubs, and ECHO Ambassadors, as well as civic, business, and service organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Contribute to the goals of the Development Department as follows:
- Prioritizing daily development opportunities, coordinate strategies and research to identify, cultivate, solicit, and market to groups with targeted approaches and strategic communications.
- Represent the mission of ECHO at community events.
- Generate and distribute group content in solicitations, thank-yous, videos, publications, and faith-based materials.
- Build relationships and support of ECHO mission through initiating weekly calls and through soliciting feedback.
- Utilize database to build accounts, relationships, & journal entries and assess campaign performance data.
- Maintain and grow the fundraising Ambassador Program’s network of volunteers and planning Ambassador training programs, group messaging, displays, and materials.
- Collaborate with the Tour Coordinator in the scheduling and operation of group tours, including leading occasional tours on the Global Farm.
- Strategize with the team in planning and execution of special events that include fundraising as a purpose.
- Coordinate completion of required civic and state registration files.
- Cooperate with the Development Team by performing additional duties when asked to do so.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with excellence. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with sales skills a plus.
- The ability to motivate to action and interact with a diverse range of individuals within the business, professional, faith-based, and retirement communities, to gain support for the mission of ECHO.
- Attention to detail, deadlines, and underlying strategies.
- The ability to work as a leader, and as part of a team.
- Availability to work some evening and weekend events.
- Character traits consistent with ECHO’s Core Values and Statement of Faith.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
This position requires a college degree or equivalent experience with a minimum of 4 years of work experience within one or more of the following areas: communications, public relations, fund-raising, sales, or marketing. Must be able to operate word processing and database systems, and be proficient in oral and written communications. Must possess a valid driver’s license without the need for additional automobile insurance from ECHO.
Interested and qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.