Volunteers are the life-blood of ECHO! Ask anyone and they will tell you that we would not be able to do what we do without people like you who give of their time and talents!
Thank you for your interest in working at ECHO as a volunteer! We greatly appreciate those who are willing to give their time and talent to help fight world hunger. ECHO currently has a global network that reaches over 165 countries. Your generous gift of service will literally be felt around the world.
We desire to help you find a strategic fit at ECHO by combining your unique skill set with our greatest needs.
Why does ECHO’s volunteer team exist?
The ECHO Volunteer Team exists to collaborate with staff members in furthering ECHO’s Mission of reducing hunger and improving lives, worldwide.
Who Can Volunteer at ECHO?
ECHO is looking for volunteers who are passionate about our mission, who possess a servant’s heart, and who will work with integrity and great effort.
How do they help?
Volunteers fill critical roles and assist staff with tasks that require varying skill levels. Some of these are highlighted below.
If you have not been on a tour of the global farm within the past year please attend one before you begin your volunteer time.
*What to Wear & Items to Bring : Your safety is our first concern.
- T-shirt (no tank tops please)
- Long shorts, capris or jeans
- Shoes that can get muddy
- Gardening gloves
- Bug Spray
Ready to become a volunteer?
Fill out our volunteer application form below!
Sign Up to Volunteer Here:
Click on a day below that works with your schedule, and sign-up for one or more volunteer shifts.
Not ready to choose a shift? Click here to sign-up for our volunteer mailing list and stay informed for upcoming volunteer opportunities.
ECHO Volunteer Opportunities:
· Global Farm : Tuesday - Friday: from 9-12 with potentially further opportunities from 1:30 - 4:30 (depending on the need). The focus for volunteers who help on the Global Farm is to help Agricultural staff and Interns. Activities include (but are not limited to) gardening.
· Maintenance : Tuesday – Friday: Shifts between 8:30 – 5:00. This volunteer opportunity is ideal for “handyman” volunteers or those with a special interest or skill in construction. Tasks may include odd jobs, building maintenance, and/or farm work. Carpenters, mechanics, heavy equipment operators, and engineers are welcome!
· Community Engagement: For those who enjoy working in their communities and engaging small and/or large groups of people. We often need excellent presenters, guest speakers, writers, tour docents, and goodwill ambassadors.
· Social Media Team: Do what you love to promote ECHO's Mission. We are looking for graphic designers, videographers, and social media pros. Share ECHO's mission wherever you hang out online.
· Clerical, Housekeeping, Library: Opportunities in these areas are available upon request.
Please fill out the application below to talk with someone about scheduling your volunteer time. Both indoor and outdoor opportunities are available and will vary according to ECHO's current needs.
If you plan to stay longer than one shift be sure to bring a lunch and any snacks as needed.